Warning, This is going to be the extended addition.
Today I am so, so thankful for Will. As our friend Megan once put it, "I can't believe God made two of you...". He is the perfect compliment to me in so many ways. We have so much fun together, whether we're on an overseas adventure, or just sitting around at home in our PJ's watching bad TV.
Here are some things I love about Will, in no particular order:
-His ability to make me laugh, all the time, even when I am irritated with him
-His boyish grin and facial expressions
-His hard-working nature. He is so determined to be successful- it's pretty inspiring
-His love of adventure. We would not have gone on nearly as many memorable trips if it hadn't been for his prodding and planning.
-The way he can be with kids- it makes my heart melt and gets me so excited for when we have our own children someday. He is going to make a great dad.
-The way he has always taken care of me. I know, without question that he will always be there for me. I knew this for certain the morning that he flew home with me from Denver (when Shaughn had his accident)- he quite literally boarded the plane with nothing but the clothes he was wearing so that I wouldn't have to be alone.
-His fierce loyalty to his friends. He always makes every effort to be with old friends when they're celebrating big life moments, whether it's a wedding across the county, or cheering them on at an Ironman competition
-His financial savvy. He somehow manages our finances so that we can afford to live a life far better than I could have imagined.
-The close relationship he has with his family. It is so fun when we're all together
-The way he looks like a little boy when he is sleeping
-He sometimes brings me home flowers for no apparent reason
-Our inside jokes
-His many nicknames for me, Panda being the best one.
-The way he looks in his Nashville boots
-His ability to cut loose and have fun, always.
-His ability to surprise me, always.
And what a surprise today was. For better or for worse, in sickness and in health, from this day forward, I know he and I will always be together. Because as of today, at roughly 4:40 PM, I became engaged to my very best friend. And words can't even begin to describe how happy that makes me.
*This posting was delayed because we wanted to tell as many people personally before "announcing" our engagement to the Internet world...
2 comments:
The Heimer family is over the moon excited for you both! I am hoping a future post might detail the whole proposal !?!
Heyoh! What exciting news for you both - congratulations!!
Post a Comment